Site Meter

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Working Toward a Mini Book

I don't know why, but mini books tend to scare me! I attempted to start one at the beginning of the year, and it is still not a mini book - and I wonder if it ever will be!! :) However, today on the 365 card blog, the challenge (Day 54) was to make something out of recycled elements and add it to your card. Well, the only thing I could think of was making a mini book out of recycled chipboard, or CD's, or something along those lines, but how to add it to my card was a mystery. Then I decided I would use old CD's and MAKE a card from them - sort of like a mini book. I had the color scheme all planned out - sometimes that is part of the problem in getting started with our crafting, you know what I mean?
Well, the front came together rather quickly. I decided to do a birthday 'card' because we have LOTS of birthdays coming up in May.
Then I remembered, oh yeah - now I have to do the back - well, I continued with a similar color scheme and made more of a 'page' to either add a photo, or write a sweet note to the recipient. For this one, I will probably add a picture of the recipient.

Now, I used my Bind-it-all to make the 'book' - but I punched everything AFTER the cardstock was on both sides of the CD - and, as you can see, it is a little off kilter! SEE, this is why mini books scare me!! However, I am learning and this project was a fun one to learn with, as I know the recipient will be thrilled with it and won't care that it was a little off, she will still think it's cool!!

9 comments:

Created With Paper said...

Recycled Cd's fabulous idea, love it!

~amy~ said...

Nice work Paula!!! Great project!

Fi said...

Great recycling idea. I am with you with the colour scheme problem. I love your card and the colours are wonderful. I didn't realize we could use CD's in the BIA - I will have to give it a go.
Hugs
Fi

Maz said...

What a great idea, I dont think the recipient of this gorgeous little book will care if its not 100% straight, I know I wouldnt
Maz

Karen Lee said...

What a great idea!! Love it!

hugs, Karen Lee

AUsome mom said...

Incredible job!! It looks so great.

Truly Lori said...

Congratulations, Paula:) Now that wasn't too hard, was it:)

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

What a wonderful project great job with this challenge. I also love the color scheme you chose.

Gloria Stengel said...

This is great! Come over to the dark side of mini books and sit next to me! hee hee