Site Meter

Friday, April 3, 2009

What's with all the CIRCLES!!

As I look back over the card challenges that I have been doing these last few days, I realized that many of the cards had CIRCLES as the main element. So, this post is all about those 'round-ish' cards.
On Day 7 of the 365 cards challenge we were to create a card using a circle as the dominant shape. The card could have the shape or be made in the shape of a circle. I chose to do the latter.
Oh, how I love this card!! There are so many things about this card that are just FUN!! I first cut the basic shape using the largest nestibilities scallop circle. I centered the die just slightly above the fold on a folded card. I then used a printed paper from the Basic Grey Bittersweet line that I just HAD to have!! I layered it with solid cardstock and then added the sentiment. I felt the card needed a little more - so I changed the color of the bracket - it was YELLOW!! I used alcohol inks to change the color. I then gave it some shimmer using Moon Glow - a product I bought AGES ago. It is similar to the pearl whatever it is called! lol The card was STILL not complete, so I cut flower shapes with my new die cut from SU out of mulberry paper!! There were two TINY holes left from the die cut at the top of the fold that was PERFECT for adding the ribbon.

My next card was for Day 8. It was a sketch challenge. I actually made this card several days ago, but realized that I had a 'circle' theme running and wanted to wait to post with all those round-ish cards. The card is quite simple. I layered close to cocoa on top of chocolate chip on top of blush blossom. I had the circle from a Wish RAK exchange (Splitcoast Stampers)and decided it blended well. I added the flower from a set of primas I bought a couple months ago and added the button to the center - WITHOUT changing it in ANY way!! Oh, and the ribbon was actually on a package that I received from a friend - it is ribbon from SU.

This last card in the circle theme - at least for today - came together quite quickly - however gave me fits at the end. The blotches of white you see are a result of the card falling over, not once, but twice!! I have pearlized pants now as a result!! lol This was for the sketch challenge on Day 29. The sketch called for a banner type image - on which to stamp a sentiment? Well, I don't have any stamps that fit that category - surprisingly - if you saw my stamp collection you would understand why I say that - I am sure I have more than 2000 stamps - someday I will count them and let you all know!! Anyway, I got out my cartridges for my cricut and found that the Marriage cartridge has a banner, so I cut it out and very carefully stamped the sentiment on it - however, I think I did the banner shape backwards - oh well!! I had the turquoise pearls in my stash and added them as the sketch called for something 'splattered' across the circles.

Thanks for visiting today - Paula M

1 comment:

~amy~ said...

Great job on all of the challenges!!! love all the circles and scallops!