Site Meter

Monday, April 20, 2009

Catching up and making cards

I have been out of the loop the last couple of weeks, trying to get the Civil Air Patrol Publication 'Bear Facts' out to the publisher. I am the editor and it consumes quite a bit of my time when I wait until the last minute to work on it!! What can I say, I would rather be crafting!!
I am still attempting to complete ALL of the 365 card blog challenges. Yes, I am BEHIND in a big way - missed the opportunity to SCOR a mini scor-it, but that is ok, there will be other opportunites, right? Anyway, on to the challenges.
This morning I put together several cards (I have two more to go) that are part of a Basic Grey 'Bittersweet' card kit that I got from Memories From The Attic. A year ago I won a years subscription to a card kit a month and this kit was for January - of course, I am JUST now getting around to putting it together but as I have been working on these cards, which came with die cuts, chip board die cuts and the pre-scored cardstock for the folded cards, as well as the envelopes to send them in - I thought about the Day 37 challenge for 365 cards which was to dress up chipboard and use it on your card. WELL, I didn't dress up the chipboard, as it was already coordinated with everything else on the card, so I left it alone. The chipboard on the card are the letters 'you'. I also added coordinating brads to the top of the card and distressed the edges. The kit also came with some lovely rub-ons, so I added that behind the heart. I attached the heart with dimensionals so it sits above the rub-on design. I hope you like my take on the challenge. Thanks for visiting
~Paula

No comments: