Site Meter

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Day 60 - What?! . . .

. . . Hmmm, what?! - The challenge to use 'What' - Day 60 was NOT really a challenge for me. When I saw the post - I knew EXACTLY what stamp I was going to use. Now, figuring out WHAT to do with the stamp was a little more challenging. So, I asked my oldest daughter (nearly 17) what she thinks of 'art-wise' when I use the word - 'what. . .'? Her thinking was nearly what I had in mind. Lot's of color - randomly thrown together - just: WHATEVER. This was really a fun card to make - of course, I played with ink for awhile before settling down and getting to the task of putting the card together. More on that in another post later. My BG is watercolor paper with random inks and flowers from my $5 find at the garage sale - I mounted this on Taken with Teal from SU. I had played with flowers yesterday - some of you will remember - so I added a bit of broken china distress ink to my flower and used stream alcohol ink to color the clear jewel for the center of the flower. I scrunched up ribbon to place behind the flower - I like this technique - it gives depth to the flower. I had fun leading up to putting this card together - backgrounds are SO fun to make and there are so MANY possibilities. Will share that later - as I have to run off to work today. I traded with a co-worker, which worked out fabulously as now I will be able to work at the Scrapbook Expo on Friday - ALL Day!! Fun! Fun!
Thanks for visiting in the spa today!! ~~Paula~~

12 comments:

~amy~ said...

Lovin' your colorful card!!

Maz said...

your BG is gorgeous, so clever
maz

Unknown said...

I love all of the different colors and images you used to create the BG!

Kim said...

Beautiful background!

Fi said...

Wow - stunning card, love all of your inking - great job on a hard challenge.
Hugs
Fi

Unknown said...

Love the colours of your card Paula. Nice sentiment suits the card perfectly.
Regards
Michelle

Anonymous said...

boo hoo, I wish I would have thought of "whatever", i even have a T-shirt with that on it. I LOVE your card, it is just wonderful, I love the way you did the BG, and just everything else, I have fun at the expo, I hope you learn some fun new stuff to share with us all.

Card~I~ology Creations said...

very colorful. Love the flowers

Rose said...

Fantastic!!! love the BG you used :-)

Jana said...

Clever card. Love all the color. Very pretty. Leave it to a teenager...

Vicky said...

wow! love all the colors and the flowers! gorgeous!

Kristie Larsen said...

that background you did is fabulous! have fun at the expo!!
k