Site Meter

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sparkles and Blossoms

I had planned on creating all day yesterday, however, I chose to have lunch with my sweet husband, and that took out a few hours of the day, then it was SUCH a gorgeous day here in Southern California and we were having record highs - 98 degrees in some places, that we decided to take the kids down to the beach later in the afternoon just to cool off and to try out the new boogie board we bought at Costco. It was a hit and we all were able to cool off.
So, back at the Paper Spa, I looked at the challenge for Day 51 on the 365 card blog. The challenge was to create a card using this photo as inspiration:
Well, I didn't have any large red flowers in my prima stash (which is quite low to begin with!!) SO, I created my own red flowers by spraying the existing ones, one was orange and the other two were yellow (I think) with Glimmer Mist in Red Velvet. I gave the flowers a fairly heavy saturation and allowed them to dry - which created somewhat stiff flowers - that was okay with me.
This morning, I was able to finish up this card:
I took a piece of my core-dinations paper with a reddish backing and ran it through the CB. I then sanded lightly to bring the red through just a little. I then mounted the flowers to the BG with brown brads (I don't have any black ones) - but that was ok too, as I took my distress stickles in fire red and put a dab of that on the brads. I then used diamond stickles to add 'dew drops' to the petals. The card is drying as I type!! I had considered adding a sentiment, but decided that I liked it just the way it is and it can be used for any purpose by adding a sentiment to the inside. As always, thanks for visiting. ~Paula

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Lovely job on the inspiration challenge Paula!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

OMG! This is just so beautiful and elegant, Paula! I guess I'd better start stalking the Alumni thread more often, as I didn't even realize that you had a new blog! I'll for sure be by more often!!

Jean Cross said...

Great job, Paula, congratulations! You deserve this cause you always make lemonade from lemons of life! You've been busy creating, too and your cards look great, girl!