Site Meter

Friday, April 24, 2009

Today's Challenge - a 'Recipe'

I often call myself a 'recipe person'. I love to follow 'directions' on things and seldom deviate - as that would be against the rules. So, for today's challenge - Day 55 we were to use this 'recipe':

5x5 card (solid colored card stock - may be smooth or textured)
4x4 patterned paper (you may alter the edges if you'd like)
1 shape (circle, square, star, heart, etc.) - must be solid color
3 jewels
alpha stickers

Well, that is all good except when I got to the part about alpha stickers. I looked through my stash - I have rub-ons, but the recipe called for STICKERS. Well, I found a sticker sheet of words and shapes - but it said ALPHA!! So, I really had to dig deep into my stash, and I finally found something that was small enough to work for the word I wanted to spell out. Yeah, I couldn't be happy with simple words like: 'HI', or 'LOVE'!! I had to go for the bigger word!!

But the paper is SO pretty!! And it conveyed beauty to me, so that is what I wanted to stick with. These alpha stickers are from Basic Grey and I got them at Big Lots for $1 - what a find!! But they have been sitting around waiting for an opportunity to be used for many months! I decided to mount them on the orange (tangerine tango) rectangle (it's a shape!!) and then added the awful looking jewel. I really should have used alcohol inks on the jewels to coordinate better. Crystal is ok, but colored crystal is even better!!

12 comments:

Photoscrapper said...

I love your card. Your right it really does fit with the word beauty.

Lori L.

Karen Lee said...

Gorgeous paper! Very pretty card!

hugs, Karen Lee

Vicky said...

that paper is gorgeous! great job on this challenge!

Maz said...

That paper certainly is beautiful, very pretty card
maz

Kristie Larsen said...

Just lovely! That rose goes so well with the sentiment. fabulous job!

Fi said...

Great card, I love your patterned paper and the rectangle sets it off.
Hugs
Fi

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

What a lovely card! Left you something (x2) on my blog!

Ann said...

Beautiful paper and bling! Great take on the challenge!

~amy~ said...

Great job on the challenge today!!! It truly is a beauty!!

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

This is so lovely and elegant great job with this challenge.

Gloria Stengel said...

I love that paper! Now that I've been making more cards I've found a use for all the paper I've been hoarding. I buy it, never use it in scrapbooking... But for cards...lovely. You did a nice job with this challenge!

Rosemary said...

I love the patterned paper, really lovely and so is the entire card!