Site Meter

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Presenting: Today's Challenge!!

While it is still TODAY, I have completed the 365 Card Blog challenge for day Day 53 - using fruit. I knew exactly which 'piece' of fruit I wanted to use and how. I had made a similar card several years ago and entered it in the county fair where it won a first place.
The thing I like about these challenges is that there is such a variety and with that comes the variety to use different mediums, or techniques I haven't used for a LONG time. Remember when Radiant Pearls was all the rage? Well, I pulled mine out - I only managed to collect around 50 different colors before I got bored and moved onto something else - but those colors are still as good as the day I bought them. I am not sure whether you can see the shimmer of these wonderful paints, but they DO shimmer!! I stamped this 'scene' sveral times before I got the coloring the way I wanted it, but then the words of the BG stamp were running through both pears, so I decided to cut out one of the pears I had stamped on another piece of paper and suspend it above the 'main' pear. I have to say, I really like the coloring on this one and the way it all came together so quickly.
Thanks for visiting today. ~Paula

13 comments:

Stephanie said...

Simply beautiful! Great work!

Girlsinthecraft said...

This is just gorgeous Paula!..............deanna

www.girlsinthecraft.blogspot.com

Maz said...

This is gorgeous, I love the colours and the softmess of the whole thing
Maz

Fi said...

Beautiful card, love the colours and the softness and how it all seems to blend.
Hugs
Fi

Pam said...

Wow - this is beautiful, Paula!!!

Chrissie said...

This is a stunning card!
Chrissie

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Your stamping skill is amazing. Luv the card.

Rose said...

What a beautiful card for today's challenge :-)
I have left you a little something on my Blog :-)
sorry don't know how to add a link so here's the address to copy and paste.
http://roseshappyplace.blogspot.com/2009/04/another-award.html

~amy~ said...

Whatta gorgeous card Paula!!!

Bobbi said...

I love the restful colors, it's a lovely card.

Vicky said...

wow! this is just stunning! great job!

Jana said...

Very pretty card. So classy.

Ann said...

Beautiful soft colors!