Site Meter

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Completed Beau Chateau Wreath

A few days ago, I posted the steps I took to make this Beau Chateau wreath. I finally had the time to complete the wreath. My wreath is only 5 7/8" in diameter. This is the second wreath I have done like this - the first one was made using the Everyday Elegance DSP from the Sale-A-Bration catalog. 

I wanted to show a little closer picture of the elements on the wreath - this picture shows the flowers on top - with the glimmer brads in the center and bits of marina mist and pink pirouette taffeta ribbon tied around muslin and then hot glued between the flowers. My flowers are all layered in threes.

This is the side of the wreath. I decided to do a combination of vanilla and chocolate colored jumbo brads in the center of these flowers rather than using all the same color - and because I am running low on the vanilla colored brads. :)
Once the flowers are all punched, sprayed, scrunched and then opened back up again to dry - the process to finish the wreath doesn't really take that long. Covering the wreath with the muslin gives a good surface for the hot glue to adhere too - and I doubt these flowers are going to fall off anytime soon.
I hope you have enjoyed watching this project take shape and I hope you will try this one too.
Thanks for stopping by

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Spring Wreath

Awhile back, I visited one of my favorite sites - Paper Crafters Library and saw a video on how to create a lovely Spring wreath using designer papers from the recent Sale-A-Bration catalog. Those papers are no longer available - but here is a picture of how the wreath turned out.
 I decided to make another wreath - (I gave away the first one) using the Beau Chateau - which is also retiring and therefore only available until the end of this month. The wreath is not completed yet - but here is a series of pictures that I took of the process I am going through in making it. I started out with a 5" styrofoam ring from a local hobby store. I then added 1" strips of muslin around the ring - it takes about 3 to go all the way around the ring.

Once I had the muslin wrapped all the way around the ring - I added some of the pleated satin ribbon found in the mini catalog. This ribbon is no longer available.

Then I took my Beau Chateau Designer Paper and started punching flowers using the blossom punch. This item was in the occasions mini catalog - and may be carried over to the new catalog that will come out next month. My wreath took 60 flowers - using four different papers using both sides. When I was done punching the flowers, I spritzed them with water and crumpled them up. Now at this point, I decided to open them back up and dry that way - as it was much harder to open up the flowers once they were dry with my first wreath.

I took srtips of muslin tied them in knots and then tied some baja breeze and pretty in pink ribbon around the muslin. I punched 3/4" circles and then used the glimmer brads in the center.

After the flowers were dry, I layered three of them - reversing the paper on the middle flower and then hot glued them together. I then added the brad center with hot glue and my flower was ready to place on my wreath.

The flowers are not all ready to place on my wreath yet - but this is the begining on how it will look when it is done. I am going to finish this up and give it to my mom for Mother's Day. She is coming to visit in a couple weeks - and will arrive just a couple days after Mother's Day, so this will be a fitting and fun gift to give to her.
I hop you have enjoyed seeing one of the few things I have been able to work on lately - work at the Spa where I work has been crazy busy - but it is starting to slow down - which might mean I will have more time to craft. We will see.
Stop by again soon