Site Meter

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

So Dis-stressed over Missing You!!

Ok, so I am not REALLY distressed over missing ANYONE!! No one is missing - thankfully!! But I did have fun distressing this card for Day 59.
Have you heard of the core'dinations paper? Well, a couple months ago my friend Lori introduced me to this cardstock and I fell in love with it - so much so that I hoard it and seldom use it!! You know how that is! Well, I got out these prima flowers - they were white to begin with - a PERFECT color to start with as you can turn them into ANY color of ink that you have - to coordinate and match all those wonderful cards and Scrapbook layouts! Anyway, back to the card. I decided to layer the opposite color on the front - however, I embossed the wrong side. Well, not wanting to sand it to bring the color through, I decided to use the de-bossed side. I kind of like it that way too!! Now, how long has it been since you did TEARING?? Awhile for me - but it fits with the whole distressing thing. I also stamped a flower from a new set that I got at the garage sale last weekend - FULL of clear flowers! It brings just a bit more dimension to the flower. I might even add some stickles - we will see.
But for now - ENJOY!! ~~Paula~~

10 comments:

Vicky said...

This is beautiful!! Love the colors and that flower is just gorgeous!

Rose said...

GORGEOUS!!! i have now learned 3 new things from you.... I must look for core'dinations paper, use the de bossed side of paper, and flowers can be inked!! THANKS :-)This is one thing i love about the challenge i keep learning new things!

Karen Lee said...

Perfect card for today's challenge!

hugs, Karen Lee

Unknown said...

Paula this is lovely. I really like distressing the end result always looks amazing. I have a large pack of coordinations cardstock and have not used one piece of it yet so had better get into it and see what lies beneath lol.
Regards
Michelle

Fi said...

Great card Paula, thanks for the tips for the coordinations, I only every use it to emboss and than sand.
Hugs
Fi

Maz said...

This is a great card for todays challenge, love your colours and the way you have torn your edge
maz

Anonymous said...

wonderful card, and thanks for all the great tips, buying the right colours of flowers is always hard, but great idea on colouring yourself, thanks for sharing, all I need is new paper to fall in love with, yikes, I have enough to last a life time, what to do, what to do.

Jeannie said...

I have not heard of that cardstock, so I will have to look into it. Your card is beautiful and the colors are stunning.

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

~amy~ said...

FAB card Paula!!!

Leigh said...

love this, love how you distresed the edge