Site Meter

Friday, June 19, 2009

Lacking some Mojo

Have you ever had a burst of creative mojo - only to have it practically die on you? Well, that is what happened today. Yesterday I had this big burst of creativity hit me in the morning - and then I had to go to work. Today, I had to do some stuff this morning and was on the schedule to work this afternoon - however, I didn't have any clients today, so I didn't have to go into work, so after looking for songs to upload onto my 'new' ipod, I decided to at least attempt to make some cards from the 365 card challenge. The challenge for today, Day 111 was to use stripes on our card. I have had this really pretty Christmas striped paper that I have wanted to use for something - and this seemed the perfect opportunity to use it. Since Cards for Heroes will be asking for Christmas cards soon, I decided that this would be a good time to begin making some cards for that to send their way.
The other card that I made today was from Day 100 in which we were to use BOLD colors - Red, Green, Yellow, Blue and Orange - NO pastels! So, I pulled the colors and looked for a card layout that would work - and an image or sentiment - and came up with this card. When I use these colors I think of children, but I don't have too many images of children that I could use. Perhaps the soldier that receives this card will also think of his/her child and send it to them as a bright spot in their day.
Thanks for stopping by - and I hope you visit the spa again soon.


*~*Paula*~*

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

you've done an excellent job on both of your cards!!

Gloria Stengel said...

Nice job, Paula! That color challenge was hard, right? I have a hard time with them, but with all primary colors...was big time hard. LOL