Site Meter

Friday, June 19, 2009

5th Anniversary

Yesterday was our anniversary. Five years that Larry and I have been together. As in all marriages, we have had our ups and downs - but mostly Ups!! He loves me dearly and we are so happy to have found each other at a time when we both needed to love and be loved. As a cardmaker, I don't usually buy cards - however, he does and when I got home from work, he presented me with a bouquet of 12 red roses, and a store bought card with a gift card for Itunes!! Last week, he won an auction on Ebay for a Zune (something he has wanted for awhile) and an Ipod for me - when I told him that I wanted an Ipod - since all the kids (except Ben) have Ipods. So, he found out that our wins will be delivered today sometime - so decided that I needed more than TWO songs to listen to on my new Ipod!! What a guy!!
Earlier in the day, I had made a card to give to him for our anniversary. It was a simple card, and very quick to make as I followed the Day 98 challenge on the 365 card blog, which was to make an anniversary card with mostly white space. I had made a similar card a few months ago - but this time I decided to use blue, rather than red. I also decided it needed a little more embellishing, so when ribbon just didn't look right - I decided to add rhinestones in the middle of each of the hearts - and then realized there were FIVE hearts - so FIVE rhinestones - what a GREAT way to remember our FIVE years together.
Thanks for coming 'in' today and relaxing with me at the Paper Spa
*~*Paula*~*

No comments: