Site Meter

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Keep it SIMPLE

Today is Day 117 on the 365 card blog and the challenge was to make a simple card. One Image, One sentiment stamped. You can color the image, but that is it - no bling, no bows, no extra images - just simple! So, I looked through my stamps - with the intent of creating today as I 'had' no clients, and wouldn't you know - as soon as you decide that you are going to muster up the creative juices - work calls!! Oh well, it is work that keeps me creating with all the new toys and such! So, I really don't mind. It will be a different kind of day anyway as I will have one client later on this evening, but will work at the desk for the first couple of hours that I am at work - so that should be interesting too.
Anyway, back to my creation - I am not real thrilled with it - I am sure if I had Copics (and knew how to use them) I would have been much happier. I decided to use watercolor pencils. I could have used my radiant pearls, but didn't want to get them out - and my desk is not real clean right now - lot's of stuff all over it. (Creativity in the making!!)
I will be catching up on all the challenges on the 365 card blog over the next few days as my goal is to complete ALL the challenges for the month and I am a few behind at the moment.
I have also been working on the 92 Days of Summer challenge - but that is for another post!!

Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day in the spa.
*~*Paula*~*

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Lovely clean & crisp card Paula!!

Gloria Stengel said...

It's a lovely stamp and a nice card. But, if you had just embossed the green paper...

HAHAHA (ducking and running!)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, I think the watercolours turned out great, just dreamy.

Truly Lori said...

This stamp is lovely! I love the subtleness in the colors you used. I think this card is a great example of keeping it simple...but still very pretty.

Great job, Paula!