Site Meter

Friday, July 17, 2009

Techniques and Old Products

How long has it been since you have tried a new technique? Or perhaps an old technique? The challenge for today - Day 139 on the 365 card blog is to use Paper PIERCING on your card. I don't often use this technique, but when I saw the challenge, I decided to pull out my Pergamano kit and one of my stamps that lends itself to this technique. Pergamano is the name of the company that has elevated the 15th century art of Parchment craft to endless options for design. Sweet Impressions has many stamps that lend itself to using this technique. I stamped my image using Staz-on cotton white onto vellum. I then used my stylus tool and traced around the image on the backside causing it to 'pop' and turn whiter on the front side. I did use a bit of the paint that came in my kit to brighten the white. I pierced the little dots and all the way around the heart thereby 'cutting' it away from the vellum. I used one of my CB folders to emboss the heart images on the card and then used the die cut from this set to cut out the words and double hearts. I added the silk flowers (a find at Michael's) and added the bling in the center to finish off the card.
It was fun to do the paper piercing, but more so because I pulled out something old and used it!! When was the last time you did THAT? Whether you try paper piercing for the first time, or use it after a long absence - try something NEW today - even if it is something you haven't done for a long time!
Thanks for stopping by.
*~*Paula*~*

3 comments:

Carolyn V said...

Very pretty, lacy effect, and nicely finished with those hearts and flower. :)

~amy~ said...

Oh boy do I hear ya...it IS good to use the old things we have hoarded! Good for you! Excellent job!

Carolyn Mcavoy said...

Good morning Paula, Beautiful card...I have a hard time with the staz-on cotton white...I tried to use it once on dark card stock and it just would stop smudging even after heat setting. So now it sits with the I don’t know what to do with this pile…Do you have any suggestions?