Site Meter

Sunday, July 19, 2009

I finally Stitched it!!

Before I started stamping and scrapbooking, I sewed. I still do from time to time, but seem to be more interested in making cards and saving my memories rather than making clothes that end up not fitting. I have done a few quilt tops - they are still waiting to be quilted and I do LOVE making American Girl doll clothes.
So, what does this have to do with cards? Well on Day 129 the 365 card blog issued a challenge to stitch an image on your card - not just use stitching. Well, this one had me as I just didn't know what I wanted to do. I contemplated trying to embroider an image using my embroidery machine - but thought that it wouldn't work through paper - but I did consider using velvet paper. In the end, I chose to stitch an image by hand using a hand embroidered stitch. I first stamped my image - one from SU - on velvet paper. I then stitched and then put the card altogether. I had this scallop window cut from another project and decided to use it on my card, so I added the sentiment and then attached the window card on top. I felt it still needed something, so I added the stickles glitter to the button and stem and stickles pearls to the scallop and the flower.

Thanks for visiting my spa. Have a great day!!
*~*Paula*~*

No comments: