Site Meter

Saturday, July 18, 2009

More Old Products!

On the 365 card blog today (Day 140) the challenge was to use paint on your card. Well, I just KNEW what I was going to use - RADIANT PEARLS!! I haven't used my radiant pearls in quite some time. I remember when they were so IN and I used them ALL the time. I experimented with them, I mixed colors and was amazed at the results. Well, today was no different. I really LOVE using the radiant pearls, they are just not in my sight as I have to keep them put away since they would take up precious space on my stamping area - which is already occupied with my Laptop computer, my Cricut, my cutting board - which leaves me very little space in which to actually put everything together.
Anyway, back to my card - I used the new SU In Color Melon Mambo for my background card - I think this color is SO similar to Purely Pomegranate that SU had out a couple years ago and was one of my favorite colors. Then I chose my radiant pearl colors - hmmm, do I REALLY have to tell what colors I used? I stamped the Sweet Impressions image and proceeded to mix and paint my colors. When I was done - I was a little impatient and cut out the image - and in so doing got a couple little smears of paint - what to do? I decided to get out this fancy little tool that I bought back when I was really into this art and used it to 'splatter' the radiant pearls around - so it no longer looks like paint smears! :) Since I had taken alot of time to paint my image, I didn't want to ruin it by stamping the sentiment crooked or in the wrong place, so I cut out the oval shape with my nesties and stamped on that adding a bit of the 'splatters'. It was fun to do this card.
Thanks for visiting in the spa today. Have a wonderful day
*~*Paula*~*

3 comments:

Tutu Crafts said...

Very pretty! I like the effect, subtle and pretty.

Carolyn V said...

Lovely card - and the splatters are wonderful! Another whoops turned into a happy accident by a crafty crafter! TFS

~amy~ said...

aha...great idea...I kept thinking craft paint...you are one smart cookie!