Site Meter

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Digital sketch for TNT

TNT (Tips n Techniques) is a local scrapbook club that meets once a month. We usually work through some kind of book (as it is typically a book club), we share the projects we have been doing over the past month as it relates to the challenges given during our club meeting. In June, our fearless leader - Lori aka the Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire created a sketch of her own and gave it to us to use for our sketch challenge to bring to our July meeting. Well, I was so busy with many other crafts during the month that I didn't get to the sketch challenge until the day of the meeting and then because it was digital, I wasn't able to get it printed in time to take it to class - so I am posting it so that my friends in the club can see how I used the sketch challenge. Every year on the
4th of July my sister has a big BBQ where friends and family come together for games, good food and much chatter. My sketch is about that event from this year. I used elements and paper from my July Premier Scrappers kit from Scrappers Guide - a WONDERFUL digital scrapbook group that I discovered last summer. I used clipping masks to create my photo sections - and then added the photos in. I didn't have just one photo that really stood out for the bigger block, so I just added several photos to the block with some digital paper behind to set it off. I wanted to get all my family members in the photos - but there are a few that didn't make it - like my mom!! I guess I will just have to make another LO to go along with this one. Rather than using just one or two journal blocks, the idea for the LO was to use journaling strips - so I created the journaling with this in mind.
If you haven't tried digital - I HIGHLY recommend it. It is SO much fun - SO portable (if you have a laptop) and nearly instant!!
I am off to work - where I only have one client this morning (at the moment) so I am taking my laptop so I can create digitally until another client calls, or it is time for the day to be over.
Have a WONDERFUL Sunday - *~*Paula*~*

No comments: