Site Meter

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Two more cards

Today another sketch was posted on the OWH Stars and Stamps blog - so I have decided to finish posting the previous sketch challenge cards so that I can then move forward. ~smile~ I probably won't get a chance to make the card for today's sketch challenge for a day or so - but we will see - perhaps I will get some time this morning to make the card, or later after I get back from the spa.
Anyway, on to Sketch #2 - I have been making alot of Mother's Day cards lately - the deadline is April 1 to have them to the shippers - but in the midst of making them, I decided to throw in a Father's Day card - the deadline for those is May 15th. So, I found this bright yellow cardstock - I believe it is Marigold Morning from Stampin' Up - a past In Color. I cut a strip of Delicate Dots DP also from SU and tied a piece of green twine around the top, then mounted this on the gold. I used white cardstock and mounted it on Old Olive then used the ticket punch for the corners. I used a variety of stamps for my images. a reed stamp from Stampscapes, the sentiment is from Sweet Impressions and the scroll stamp is a clear stamp from 7 gypsies. I wanted to do something a little different for a Father's Day card and thought this one was just that.

Well, Sketch #1 - Finally!! I made another Mother's Day card for this one as well. I started with the white base and added a piece of rose red that had been punched with the scallop border punch from Fiskars. This had been sitting in my scrap stash for quite some time and it worked perfectly to add that extra touch to this card. The big square was a bit more of a challenge in that I didn't know if I wanted to stamp an image or if I had a word stamp large enough. Looking through my stamps again, I found this sentiment stamp that was perfect. I thought I had pulled all my 'Mother's Day' stamps out - but I missed this one because it was in color. I added the prima rose - LOVE these!!! And the card is done - and I am all caught up on the sketch challenges - Yeah!!
Thanks for sticking with me over the last few days and watching the sketch challenges unfold - I hope you have enjoyed your visit in the spa today and that you will come back often for rest, relaxation and inspiration.
~Paula~

No comments: