Site Meter

Thursday, March 25, 2010

More Card Sketches from OWH

As I mentioned in my post yesterday, I am catching up on the sketches posted on the OWH blog - Stars and Stamps I have a few more still to create, but wanted to share some more of the cards I have made with the sketch challenges. This card is for sketch challenge 8 - I am going backwards, then will work on going forward! ~smile~ I love the Rich Razzleberry In Color from Stampin' Up - it is my favorite of the new colors introduced this year, so I jumped on getting that one as soon as it came out - along with the DP that features it - 'Cottage Wall'. I just may have to get another package of that before the color goes away forever. Anyway, back to the card. The sketch was from a crafter that contributes to OWH but doesn't have a blog yet. It is another simple sketch that can be used in so many different ways. I chose the Cottage Wall DP as my background and then added a strip of the Rich Razzleberry grosgrain ribbon - another must have from this years catalog. I cut the scallop circle out of Rich Razzleberry using my nestibilities and then stamped - again in Rich Razzleberry - the image from the Happy Harmony SU set. The Sentiment is from a clear stamp set that I bought at a local stamp store. I mounted this with pop dots and added a couple rhinestones to finish it off. It is a nice monochromatic color scheme and I am sure you will be seeing alot more of this one as I post other cards I have made.
Thanks for stopping by the spa - I will be posting more later on, but really want to get to the stamping table before the day slips away.

Come back for another relaxing visit soon.
~Paula~

No comments: