Site Meter

Friday, March 26, 2010

Sketch #4

This sketch was submitted by Kathy and I had a tough time with this one - I actually made two different cards, but the first one that I made didn't quite look like the sketch and it seemed a bit blank to me, until I added the butterfly. I like the colors, but just wasn't sure about how much 'white' space the card had. I looked at some samples of what others had done with this card and got the idea of adding the butterfly. I had gotten the butterfly in a kit and hadn't used it yet - but after putting it together - I want the die-cut from Stampin' Up!!

The next card was the one that closely follows the sketch that Kathy provided. I have had this DP for a VERY long time - and it just HAPPENED to be sitting right in front of me - so I thought - why not just use it. I was going to use ribbon at the top, but didn't know how I was going to wrap it - then remembered that I have the slot punch from SU and it is perfect for punching slots in the folded side of the card so that you can thread ribbon or whatever through. I decided against using ribbon and grabbed the gold cord instead - doubling it. The light blue cardstock was another in my bits and pieces stash and the flowers are from a recent order that I got from England! A few friends went in on an order from this company that has fantastic prices on their flowers and the shipping is barely noticeable. The sentiment is from a clear stamp set that I got locally.

Thanks for taking another look at my creativity - I hope that your visit to the spa today has inspired you to create a little bit of color in your life today.

~Paula~

No comments: