Site Meter

Friday, March 26, 2010

Counting down to #1

If you have been following my blog the last few days, you know that I have been working on catching up with the sketch challenges from the Stars and Stamps blog. Well, yesterday I finished up the final countdown to #1. But before I show that card, I have to start with #5 (remember, we are counting DOWN) ~smile~ The sketch was submitted by Caryl. I set about making this card, grabbing a piece of DP - it's a Graphic 45 that I have had for awhile and keep snipping away at it, using it for one card or another. One side has dots and the other the flower pots, so I used the dotted side as my 'side bars' and the flower pots for the center of my panel. I was trying to find a Stampin' Up cardstock that matched the colors of the flowers, but didn't have any on hand, but I did have this Old Olive and I thought it coordinated quite well. I used my CB to emboss the background cardstock using the dotted swiss folder. I found the sheer ribbon that matched the olive and tied that around the botom of the card. I cut the sentiment panel using my nestibilities and for the final touch added the coral rose. I love these roses. They are a paper rose on wire from Prima that I found at Michael's. I bought two packages that had three different colors in each, so I have quite a nice selection on hand, but I could go back and buy a bunch more. I guess you could say they are becoming my latest greatest embellishment. ~smile~
Hope you like my rendition of the sketch - I will post the other sketches in separate posts so don't go too far.

~Paula~

No comments: