Site Meter

Friday, October 22, 2010

Three Three Three

Well, I didn't think I was going to get any time to craft these last few days of packing. But after spending nearly all day trying to finish up some last minute packing, I decided to sit down and make a few simple cards. I am still doing the challenges on the 365 card blog - and the challenge for Thursday was to pick three patterned papers, three colors and three embellishments. Now, my cards are quite simple and there is a reason - besides the fact that we are moving in just a couple of days - I am going to enter one of my cards in the Joann's Craft for a Cause. My cause is Operation Write Home and I send cards so they can be sent to the troops. So, the catch was that you had to buy all your supplies from Joann's. I didn't want to get alot - and since there is a push to do Christmas Cards and get them sent by the end of this week, I decided to choose some items that I could put together some Christmas cards rather quickly. So, for my card I chose these three patterned papers, my three colors are red, gold and green and my three embellishments are the ribbon behind the Christmas tree, the angel with the horn and the tree itself. All my elements are from K&Company and the Christmas tree is a 3-D sticker that came in a package with several other stickers.
Simple, but it fits the challenge - and I am sure someone out there will be happy to receive this card from their deployed loved one!

Thanks for stopping by,
~Paula~

2 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

That's an itneresting challenge & I like your inventiveness with it. Not sure I'd have managed that one. Love those colours together too.
Paula (PEP)

Hannah said...

Simple and beautiful :-) Thanks for playing along with 365 Cards!