Site Meter

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sketch for Christmas

I had a chance today to do a few of the challenges from the 365 Card Blog that have been posted over the last couple of days.
This first one was the sketch challenge. Quite a simple sketch and I chose to use the Stampin' Up Holiday paper - 'Deck the Halls' for my background. I looped this bow - I wanted something a little different and it was probably the hardest part of this card. While going through my old button box - an antique from my great grandmother - I found these buttons. I doubt they are as old as the box - but I thought they looked cool with the vanilla ribbon. I used pearls under the sentiment just for an added touch. After making this card - I had to go pack a few more boxes. My goal was to pack a couple boxes, make a card - then back to packing - rewarding myself with a bit of crafting indulgence. It worked - I got more packed and caught up on the challenges - which I will be posting shortly so stay awhile and have a look around while I am busy uploading my cards.


~Paula~

5 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Love that button with the mulitple bow - I do love your CAS style.
Paula (PEP
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

~amy~ said...

Ooohhh...pretty...that button is a fab way to finish off your card!

Rose said...

this is so pretty!! and look at the new blinky in the top left of your blog. way to go girl :)

TesaB said...

Beautiful! Amazing bow with that vintage button! Love it!

Pam said...

Very pretty, and the pearls were the perfect touch!