Site Meter

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Gold, Leaves and Ribbon!

When you think of those three words, what comes to mind? When I think of those together I think CHRISTMAS!! I am having much fun putting together Christmas cards - especially since I rescued this set from the packed boxes! I just couldn't let it get packed away yet! So, when I saw the challenge over on the 365 card blog for today I got out the bells in this set since I hadn't used them quite yet. Then I went in search of a sketch - to make things a bit easier (I DO still have lot's of packing to do) and found a wonderful one over at 2 Sketches 4 You
As many of you know - I like clean and simple (cas) cards and this sketch just lends itself so well to that concept. I have colored the image with my Prismacolor Pencils without any sansodor. I just lightly colored and liked the way the colors worked. I used only the four colors - PC 1030; PC911 for the holly leaf and berries. I used PC950 Metallic Gold for the bells and couldn't decide what color to make the ribbon, and decided that PC949 Metallic Silver would be a nice touch. I used a bit of Gold Lame smooch for the dots on the bells and then sprayed the whole image with Gold Glow smooch. I had fun using one of my newest nestibilities and then matting with the circle scallop. I used the gold lame smooch around the edges of the outer circle. I love using these wonderful flowers from Wild Orchid Craft and finally was able to do a red flower spray. I have touched the edges of the blossoms with more of the gold lame smooch and added the vanilla ribbon as my final touch. I really like the way this card turned out and it really looks so much better in real life.

Thanks for stopping by my Paper Spa today - now I have to run off to the eye doctor and then back home to pack more boxes.

~Paula~

5 comments:

Pink Dandelion said...

Wow you are keeping busy this morning. 2 cards in a couple of hours. They are both fabulous. Debs xx

Paula (PEP) said...

The shading on those bells is so effective. Have never tried the smooch tso was intrigued to see it in operation here. I magnified the photo & could really see the shimmer.
Paula (PEP)

Anonymous said...

So pretty!

TesaB said...

Beautiful! Totally gorgeous with the fabbie image and lovely flowers!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Paula - love those roses
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan