Site Meter

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Better than a sketch?

Is there anything better than a sketch? Well, there is if you like RECIPES!! I DO like recipes too - and with cardmaking - they are almost as good as my espresso cheesecake! So, today on the 365 Card Blog there is a recipe:

1 tag (as the card base)
2 pieces of ribbon
green
1 piece of patterned paper
2 stamps
This is all you can include on your card.

Seems easy enough, right? Except that I have a really hard time making tags. I do have one thought - is the 'green' supposed to be the ribbon color? The tag color? Just what is supposed to be GREEN? Anyway, I have friends that love making tags and they do a beautiful job with them - they even add them to their cards - but when I have made tags - they just look so plain and unexciting! But, since it is the wee hours of the morning and I am wide awake, I decided to have a go of it. Now, the recipe itself is quite simple and since you "can't" add anything else to the card - it has to be simple, right? Oh, I am sure I could add alot more to it - flowers, rhinestones or pearls, but that isn't allowed - and I am probably even pushing it with the cutout around my sentiment. :) I started with a white tag that I had cut out on my cricut awhile ago - I have another project that I am planning to do - one of these days - anyway - I had a couple pieces of ribbon - strays - that worked perfectly for the requirement of two green ribbons. Oh, I could have fancied that up a bit by tying a bow with one of the ribbons, or adding a bow to the ribbon at the bottom - but I had to have something at the top in the tag hole - so this is what I did. I love this DP from last years SU catalog - and still have quite a bit, so a small piece was not going to break me. But then, what stamps to use??? Hmmm - not a hard decision as there aren't many that are available to me at the moment. This is an OLD set that somehow I missed when I was packing my stamps a couple days ago - and I thought it fit perfectly. I think the tag is decent - but I might try making a few more later in the morning when I have slept on it. I think I want to do something with leaves - maybe like a collage. Well, you will just have to come back later and see if I do that one.

Thanks for stopping by - now I think I need to try and get some sleep - it is going on 2:00 in the morning!!!

~Paula~

4 comments:

Pink Dandelion said...

Hi Paula, hope you got a good sleep and are feeling refreshed. Love your tag, the kettle stamp and sentiment go together so well. Debs xx

Paula (PEP) said...

I love this - hopefully you got some sleep after all. I've not really attempted tags either & I thnk your interpretation of the recipe is first rate.
Paula (PEP)

Rose said...

oh this is super!! love your colors and that tea kettle :) fantastic job with the challenge!!

Kim Mc said...

Fabulous, Paula, and an excellent take on the 365 Cards Recipe challenge! Hope you can come back and play along again!

Aloha, Kim Mc
365 Cards DT member