Site Meter

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Teal, Travel and Torn

On Monday - the 365 Card Blog posted a challenge by my friend Gloria - 3 T's - Torn, Teal, and Travel!! Gloria likes LOT'S of layers on her cards and someday when I 'grow' up I want to be just like her - but we all have our own unique style, so I doubt that will ever happen - I tend to like clean and simple designs. Cards that are very symetrical.So, when I saw her challenge - and the paper from the previous card posted (scroll down to see) I decided to try for a messy kind of look. Afterall - torn, means worn - so I crumpled up the paper - because when something is torn, you crumple it up and throw it away, right? I have had this travel set from Stampin' Up! for AGES - I think I bought it from someone as I don't think it has EVER seen ink!! I stamped it with versamark first, that is on the brown piece, but didn't think it would show up very well, so over-layered with the vanilla piece.Then I started playing with the flowers - I think I need to take a floral design course just so I can do a proper arrangement on my cards. The bow was added as an afterthought. Inside I stamped this sentiment: "Everyday is a new adventure" - Gloria will understand that - after our recent lunch together. Even with all the 'messy' - my fingers are really inky today - I still ended up with more of a CAS kind of card - oh, to aspire to a higher form of card making!! :)
I hope you have enjoyed taking a peek at my card - now on to the next one - or get ready for work. It is THUNDERING and LIGHTNING here right now - how cool is that? After RECORD highs on Monday - and now this rain - very cool.

~Paula~

2 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

I don't do distressing very well I'm more distressed & the project looks a mess........ & I end up starting again. Inky fingers I know well.......... I actually like your CAS style very much & I was thinking of you last night as I was doing battle with pencil stumps & blending spirtits & pencils...........
Paula (PEP)

Gloria Stengel said...

Hey girlie. I am so happy you played along this week! I think you did great with the messy! I know it's not your fav thing to do. hee hee You got the 3Ts in there, so that's also wonderful.

Was so nice to see you on Monday! And thanks for bringing your show-n-tell for me to see! Hugs.