Site Meter

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Friends are Special

This week on the All Things Sugar Nellie Forum at Paper Craft Planet the challenge was to use TWO Sugar Nellie images on your card. Well, that WAS a challenge for me - but not for long. I started out by cutting my white cardstock to the size I wanted for my stamped panel as I had an idea in my head as to how I wanted to do this. When I got the images stamped - I was happy with them - but it took me a few days before I could actually color them - it has been VERY busy at the Spa this week - so I haven't had time to play in the PAPER Spa!! So these two cuties look to me like they are missing each other, and I thought about my friend Lisa who lives in Alabama. I met Lisa fairly recently and we hit it off like we had been friends forever. She spent two weeks in San Diego recently (that is when we met) and has been back home now for a couple of weeks. I have missed her phone calls because work has been crazy - so I decided that I would send this VERY simple card to her. This card is WAY off what I usually do - I like using ribbon, and flowers and embellish more than I did here - but I didn't want to cut the panel apart, so I left it as is. I know - it is quite BORING with no embellishments other than the little pearls - but I had fun making it - especially as I thought about Lisa - who is CRAZY for purple!!
I hope you have enjoyed looking at my simple card - check out the Paper Craft Planet - Sugar Nellie forum - we have alot of fun over there every week - and if you are chosen as the weekly winner you get THREE Sugar Nellie stamps of YOUR choice - how can you go wrong!!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have enjoyed your time here.

~Paula~

3 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Love your placing of these two - really great way of interpreting the challenge too. Love your colouring of the hat & the sheer simple elegance of this.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Pink Dandelion said...

Beautiful card Paula. It doesn't need anything else. Your friend will love it. Debs xx

xxxtglxxx said...

This is very clever Paula :) Really great the way the images work well together, and I love the subtle shading/colouring. Very cute card xxalisonxx