Site Meter

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Christmas Notes

I know, it is not even close to Christmas - but it is getting closer - it will be here before you know it - so I am getting a jump on some fun Christmas gift ideas. I have to say I got this idea from Sandy Who got this idea from another stamper and then shared it with me. There are all kinds of ideas out there for Post-It note holders, but I hadn't seen this one yet and I thought it was just plain adorable. Now the dimensions for this project are as follows: Take an 11" x 4-1/4" piece of cardstock and score it at 2-3/4" and 5-1/2". Then take a piece of cardstock 2" x 2-1/2" and score it at 1/2", 1", 1-1/2", and 2". This will be the pen holder and you will use red-liner tape to stick it to the card base and also the bottom of the folded card.This will keep the folded part of the card standing upright and provide a place for your pen. I decorated it for the challenge on the Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central which was to make anything but a card and of course, use something on your project that they sell in their online store. I chose to use this adorable Magnolia image.This challenge has been up for awhile, and I have been trying to decide what I was going to do for this one. So, this morning when I saw this gift idea, I decided to 'throw' one together. I really like this cute little Tilda - sitting on top of her ribbon, just helping to take down all those holiday notes that you know are sure to happen. I stabalized the bottom with a piece of chipboard that I had laying around - covering it with the new DSP from Stampin' Up! I LOVE this paper - it is so versatile and just perfect for the holidays. I still have to get some more of those RSVP pens that you can decorate in many different ways. I will probably place a piece of the DSP in the barrel to match. I hope you have enjoyed this little project.
I am hoping to get some more cards done this morning before I head off to work - so come back for a visit later - and bring a cuppa.

Thanks for stopping by the spa
~Paula~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great creation! Thanks for joining us SSCC and hope to see you again soon!