Site Meter

Friday, February 27, 2009

Mini Books Scare Me

I have had absolutely NO creative energy this week - so on the TWO days that I had off I didn't get much done at all. I finally tried to muster up some sort of creative something - and it resulted in the start of a 'scarry' project. You see, I am somehow afraid of mini books - I LOVE them - and love looking at what OTHER people - like my friends Lori and Gloria produce with mini books - but somehow, I miss something in the process. BUT I attempted yesterday - as I 'promised' to share what I had discovered with the Storybook cartridge from Cricut. What FUN. So here is the start of my mini book:

I used this chartreuse cardstock that I got in my TNT kit - and it was SUCH an ugly color that it needed help. So, I distressed the edges with a combination of distress inks. I also got the blue cardstock in my kit, so used that for cutting out the letters. Everything was cut on the Cricut, the shape from the Storybook cartridge and the letters from Don Juan. I ran it through my Xyron and put it all together on chipboard. When I get it all done, I will run it through my Bind-It-All - so stayed tuned for the finished project.