Site Meter

Friday, February 20, 2009

Card Making Yesterday, Work Today

I had fun yesterday creating cards. I finished up the two cards from the Distress Class I took on Wednesday. I shared one of them with you yesterday and here is the other one.

I am not as thrilled with the way this one turned out - but decided that I should finish it anyway. It needs SOMETHING - like some kind of metal embellishment hanging from ribbon, or something like that. The image was already stamped, and then I colored the background after and that turned out okay too - just okay though.

However, I had A LOT of fun creating these next cards. I am on the WishRak list over at Splitcoast Stampers and had asked for the Top Note die cut from Stampin' Up. Well, my 'wish' was granted and I got an envelope full of these. I had found a couple cards that used this die cut that I really liked, so I 'lifted' the idea and created these cards. In this first card I used 'tattered rose' to distress the edges of the die cut. Then I mounted it on Blush Blossom cs and cut around the edges to mirror the die cut. I mounted this on Wild Wasabi and then on the folded card (river rock). I had a spool of Wild Wasabi striped ribbon, so was able to coordinate.

I had the paper primas from some kit - not sure whether my TNT kit or my card kit from Memories From the Attic but I found they would work perfectly here. Then I took the idea from my friend Lori for coloring the clear crystals and used those as the center in my flowers.

The second card that I created with the Top Note die I just LOVE. There are so many elements to this card that make it fun. (In my opinion). I took Baja Breeze cs for my base, mounting black bazzill on top of that. Then I used a piece of ribbon I got at the $1 bin at Target - great find, but the quality of the ribbon isn't that great! The stitch lines in the ribbon matched the 'broken china' distress ink that I used on the edges of the die cut.

I coudn't decide if I wanted the flowers (from the SU Happy Harmony set) stamped in color or not. I decided to go with this color scheme off stamping to get shadow and depth. Then I sifted through my button box (used to be my great grandmothers - so some old stuff in there!!) and found a few white, and clear-ish buttons that I colored using alcohol inks - THAT was FUN!! Thanks Lori!!
This card I will hoard - until I make a copy of it - I love it.

No comments: