Site Meter

Friday, January 21, 2011

Virtual Stamp Night

It is Friday night and over on the SplitCoast Stampers site they have a Mini Virtual Stamp night taking place. I am one of the hostesses for the mini and having a fun time commenting on all the fabulous cards. I have also made cards for the other challenges going on. I am posting the first three cards here. The first challenge was to 'punch your heart out'. I used many different dies and border punches to make my card. Part of the challenge was to use a sketch, and particular colors - it was a really fun challenge. The next challenge was the one that I am hosting. The challenge is What SHAPE is your heart? The base has to be a heart shape, but you can actually make anything you want with a heart shape - it doesn't have to be a card - however, I did make a card. I don't have any heart nestibilities - and had considered buying some, however I got some cookie cutters instead and used those to make my card. I put a vellum window in the card and used gold smooch around the edges - signifying that my heart is edged in gold! :) The next challenge is to make a luminaire. Now, THIS was fun!! I am actually thinking of making several of these to line my staircase. This luminaire has printed vellum - I have had this vellum for AGES and it had big and small hearts all over it. I decorated with the heart cutouts from one of my Stampin' Up! sets.
I hope you have enjoyed looking at my projects for the VSN. If you want to play along you can find all the information here YOu have until Monday to get your projects uploaded - so why not come over and play along.
Thanks for stopping in today - I will have more posts before the evening is over.
~Paula~

2 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

The first is my favourite here & that colour combination is something else. You're very good with these Luminaires - love the way you've used different hearts to embellish with & as for the middle card your gold edged heart is lovely symboiism.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Lorraine said...

wow you have been busy these are all so beautiful and i love the third project the hearts are beautiful xx