Site Meter

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A New Sketch

There are many blogs that I visit fairly regularly and one of them is the OWH Stars and Stamps Blog. Each Sunday they post a new sketch and it is usually quite simple to do.
This weeks was no different. I have been using this old DSP paper package from Stampin' Up! this week for my cards just trying to use up stuff I already have. I love the the soft pastel colors of Certaqinly Celery, So Saffron, and Bashful Blue with a bit of Sahara Sand for the base card. I added Bashful Blue Taffeta ribbon (retired) and some pearls below my sentiment for the final touch.
The OWH Stars and Stamps blog has challenges throughout the week, but one of my favorites IS the sketch challenge.
I hope you have enjoyed your short visit today. I haven't sat down to make anything today, but the day is not yet over. I would like to encourage you, though to check out the OWH site and perhaps share some of your gorgeous work with the troops overseas.
Thanks for stopping by,
~Paula~

3 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

It's good seeing the variety possible with one set of papers - & using it up is such a good feeling. Those co-ordinating pearls are a lovely touch.
Paula (PEP)

Julie said...

Beautiful card, Paula! I have some of that paper too and I've been hoarding it - I need to follow your example and use it up! So nice to hear how much you like the sketch challenges! Thanks for joining us this week!

Paula S. said...

Such a pretty paper/color combination on this card. Glad you posted over at OWH this week.