Site Meter

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mojo Monday Sketch 173

I have had a very productive day making cards and finishing projects today. However, I am still one card behind my goal of one card a day. This card makes #10, so I will either work on one more card for today, or just do it tomorrow - which is more likely as the day winds down.
So, after coloring and playing with new Sugar Nellie images, I wanted to do something completely different. No Valentine, No little girls - just plain and simple. The sketch over on the Mojo Monday Sketch Blog was perfect for this. I LOVE this sketch and it sets such a pretty scene. I had to decide what I wanted to do first and I started out thinking I wanted to do something bright - not blue, not purple or red or pink! In the end, I chose blue afterall - but not before I chose the brown. Aside from brown and pink, I think I like the brown and blue combination best.This stamp set is another new one out in the Occasions Mini and it is a must have in my book. Just think of all those friends you can be encouraging!! I also used this set to make some mini cards for one of my friends at Christmas time - she LOVED them. Afterall, what girl DOESN'T love chocolate??
I started with a light blue base and then added early espresso. On top of that I added some old DSP (that I just LOVE) and then added my center piece. The roses are from Wild Orchid craft - and since I hadn't used any today, I thought I needed to give them a little love.
I hope you enjoy my card - come back tomorrow - as I will give you all a rest from my postings - and see what I come back with.
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Mojo Monday - Sketch
My Time To Craft - Chocolate

Enjoy your evening wherever you are in the world.
~Paula~

5 comments:

Vee said...

Mmmm!! Yummy card Paula, love the chocolate colours.
xx Vee

Paula (PEP) said...

The pale lue with the brown is so classy & this looks just like a chocolate box - brilliant way of using that sketch. I thought your last project today would be about timed for my nocturnal visit to blogland with a mug of something hot & biscuits.
A very productive day for you indeed & impressive with a card a day.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Mmmmm chocolate! I adore what you did with this sketch. I'll have to wander over and check this out. Thanks for the inspiration! (If I ever dig my way out of all my scraps I may make it down your way to help you use up yours LOL!)

Chrissie said...

Thanks for visitng my blog and for your kind comments!
This is great... yum, yum.
It would be perfect for our chocolate challenge at My Time to Craft!
Chrissie

Pat said...

Lovely card, gorgeous bow, thanks for sharing at MTTC this week.

Pat xx