Site Meter

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

OWH Sunday Sketch #51

Do you ever wonder what to do with all the DSP that you buy for each holiday season when the season is over? I know, Christmas you can do cards all year long and by the time it comes around again, no one will remember that you gave them a card with that paper last year - at least you hope not. But, what about Valentines Day? I mean, there are so many cool papers out right now and you can really only make one (unless you have kids) Valentines card, right? So, what do you do with all the rest? Well, of course you could make cards for OWH, but the deadline for Valentine cards is way past, so what do you do? Well, you just change the sentiment!! By changing the sentiment to something like this, or 'thinking of you' or something along those lines, you can still convey your love for the person you are sending this to no matter what time of year. So, when I saw this sketch, I decided to make a card to match another project I was working on yesterday (it isn't quite finished, so you don't get to see it yet). By the time I DO finish the project, I may have made a completely DIFFERENT card to go with it - you know how that goes. Anyway, I loved the simplicity of the sketch and can see using this one for many different cards. Afterall, I DO have kids, and Valentines is coming soon and I want to show them a little love - but shhhhh, don't tell them!!

So, I am catching up with my one-a-day cards - so stick around to see my next card - you will LOVE it!!

~Paula~

2 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Help - can't keep up with commenting on your posts!! Goodness you've been busy. The colours are very interesting here, the pink & red combination is definitely stalking me. The pink edging to the hearts/spots panel really softens the red effectively.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

Cute card - love that ribbon accent across the top! Thanks for playing along in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!