Site Meter

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Loving my Magnolias!!

My friends over on the Magnolia forum on yahoo were right!! I started out with a peek at a magazine, then bought two more - then bought a few stamps and now I want MORE!! But alas, I will have to wait as I am placing my big Stampin' Up! Order next week and I just placed an order with Wild Orchid Crafts for their BEAUTIFUL flowers. I have looked at SO many beautiful cards made with these flowers that I just HAD to order myself a selection of them. I bought some of the lace too - however, I forgot to add the pearls, oh, well - maybe next time!
So, after looking at the cards in the magazine and from the members of the Yahoo group, my little Beach Tilda looks so plain sitting on her bathing ring. I used a retired Stampin' Up! Designer Paper for my mat behind my Tilda. I masked my image and sponged the blue - a mizture of bashful blue and night of navy for my background behind her. I colored her with the prismacolor pencils - I really like the way they look. I cut the edge of the cardstock with one of my Stampin' Up! border punches, though it is hard to see because of the crotched lace I added (a Joann's find). She still looked real plain, so I added the flowers and the sentiment from Sweet Impressions and for added bling - the three little pearls.
Now I am off to my craft room to see if I can come up with something really spectacular - of course, I still only have these images and the picnic Tilda - so not sure what I will be able to create - sometimes these images are limiting and sometimes the skies the limit - today, I feel I am limited! I may break down and order a few more images before the day is out - we will see - watch for my next post to see how the day goes.

Thanks for stopping by - enjoy a cup of tea/coffee while you browse.
~Paula~

7 comments:

Corinne said...

Very nicely done...love the colors. Your card is adorable...I really like the sponged background how it shows off Tilda on her Bathing Ring.
Hugs~
Corinne

Vivi Casale said...

gorgeous card Paula and on my fave color ever!!
I never had the courage to color these images as they seem to hard for me... but you have done an awesome job on that!!
Congrats!!

xxx
Vivi

Dee (FireLady) said...

Great work. I love the colors.
Awesome job coloring Tilda.

Penni said...

Great card. I love these colours, and the lace is so pretty.

Hugs
Penni
X

Leonie said...

well you cant go wrong with a purple card!! So pretty in my eyes! Love the lace and your masking is fabulous!
Hugs Leonie

Lisette Morris said...

So pretty! Your coloring is great and I love the color! Great job!

Jane H said...

love the monochromatic card! Very pretty.