Site Meter

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Another Sugar Nellie Challenge

Over at The Sugar Bowl the challenge sketch for this week is a fairly easy one.
The lines are pure and simple - which is good because my mojo is waning right now. I recently got some new Sugar Nellies and decided they needed to see a little ink. I am also promoting Christmas in July - so it was quite appropriate to ink up this little cutie and make a Christmas Card with her. The theme for the challenge was BLUE - hmmm, I didn't remember that until I looked at the blog post again - well, I did include blue on my card - so I let out a big whew!! I used the new Cherry Cobbler from Stampin' up! for my card base and layered it with some designer paper from Stampin' Up! that is now retired. When I layered all the pieces, including the image - it just looked to plain to me, so I added a bit of Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon behind the image and some flowers for the finishing touch.
It was good to get back to my stamping area and create a bit - even if I don't feel the mojo very strongly right now. I will be getting some new stamps in the next day or so - some MAGNOLIA'S!! I haven't any of these yet and just discovered them fairly recently through a magazine called "Magnolia Ink" - it is a FABULOUS magazine FILLED with much inspiration - and my style of stamping/creating, so I am off to go look at the new magazines and see if they spark some creativity.

Thanks for stopping by the spa today - I hope you have enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again real soon.
~Paula~

2 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

It is hard to leave things plain isn't it? Love the striped paper & your edging of the image panel.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Lilian said...

Darling card! The striped DP is just attractive! Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!