Site Meter

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Challenges - Scalloped Mints

Hmm, that is an interesting title, huh? Well - there are double challenges being satisfied in my card that I made this morning.The first challenge is found at the Sugar Bowl blog - it is a sketch challenge with an added theme of Scallops. I chose to do my sketch in an A2 size since that is the size envelopes I can find easily. Sugar Nellies are produced in Scotland (home of my great grandparents!) and I believe they must be able to find square envelopes most easily as each of the sketches I have seen on the Sugar Bowl blog are square.
Back to my card - ok, so it isn't QUITE the same as the sketch challenge - but close, right? Do you suppose if I added a sentiment where the 'image' is suppose to be it would qualify? Perhaps I will just make another one. For challenge 13 on the 'All Things Sugar Nellie' forum at Paper Craft Planet (formerly at SCS) we were to create a card using the colors mint and chocolate chip - mmmmm - summer ice cream!! Of course, you have to use a Sugar Nellie Image as well - so I chose one of my new ones that I received last week - Reflections. I colored her with my prismacolor pencils - I decided not to use any blending medium or blending pencil (except on the apples in the basket) I chose the colors that would 'match' the SU Sage Shadow cardstock that I used as well as the new Early Espresso I used for the larger scallop circle. The coloring is very light - and actually looks MUCH better in real life! The color really is sage shadow in spite of looking a little grey on the screen. I added a touch of DP in chocolate chip along with the ribbon underneath the flower. This is another card that will be shipped off to the troops when I have a batch of cards ready to go.
So, there you have it - my Minty Chocolate Chip Scalloped Reflection Card - now onto other projects.

Thanks for stopping by the spa - would love your comments and your 'devotion' to 'follow me' along my crafting journey. You never know when I will stumble on something you have never seen before - highly unlikely - but it could happen.

~Paula~

3 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Love those Stampin Up colours & the way you've matched your pencils. The image is delightful
with the button & pocket detail.
Like your title too - I'm always playing with the words in the title so it's great to see somebody else does too - & my namesake at that.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Pink Dandelion said...

Lovely card, fabulous image. Good luck with the challenges. Debs xx

xxxtglxxx said...

This is such a beautiful stamp - one of my favourites. You have coloured her beautifully, delicate and soft.

Great layout too! :)