Site Meter

Thursday, July 29, 2010

For a Vintage Look

Over at the Just Magnolia Challenge Blog this week, the challenge was to make a Vintage card using Magnolia images (of course) Well, since I only recently purchased a few Magnolia's I was stumped as to how to use either of them for this challenge, and I KNEW I wanted to participate in the challenge because I really like the vintage look. As I thought about it over the last couple of days - knowing the deadline to enter was getting close, the design began to come together. I knew that I wanted to use my Baja Breeze DP from Stampin' Up! (now retired - so sad!) as I think it just has that vintage feel to it. I finally decided to use my Beach Tilda - it was her or Picnic Tilda - but I didn't want to use the bathing ring with her so I had to think of SOMETHING for her to 'sit' on. I decided that the nestibilities die would be wonderful for that. I was going to use some crochet lace until I remembered that I had this piece of chocolate chip satin ribbon and it worked beautifully with the design that was coming together. I used a Martha Stewart border punch for the 'lace paper' and added the prima flowers to the ribbon for the final touch. Tilda is colored with prismacolor pencils in colors that coordinate with the paper.I distressed the edges of the bg cardstock and sponged with chocolate chip. I really like the way this turned out and think it looks very vintage - what do you think?

Thanks for stopping by the spa today - I hope you have enjoyed your visit and do come back soon.

~Paula~

16 comments:

Lynn Marie' Crafty Corner said...

This is a sweet card, could you please tell me how you got the look

Card Crazy said...

Pretty card, Paula. I love the brown and blue combo. Really lovely.
Sue S.

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Paula, blue & brown combo is always so nice together. I really like the DP's you have used and the way you have inked the edges of the plaid paper. Great job.

Oh and I left message on the group re: Tilda with Violin..

hugs
Jennifer

Barb Hardeman said...

A darling card, Paula! I think the soft blue and the chocolate make the card very vintage. Love the distressing on your punched borders. Great job...hugs...Barb

Nancy said...

What a pretty card. I love the soft blue and chocolate together - always a favorite color combination of mine, and the punch really works well with the image. Thanks for sharing.

Leonie said...

Love your colour combo. I'm sad too thatthe baja breeze paper is discontinued :( o well. I think all of your elements make for a wonderful vintage card! thanks for sharing!
Hugs Leonie

Mina said...

beautiful card Paula, I love the ribbon its such a beautiful rich brown...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

Lisette Morris said...

Beautiful card! Love the DP! Your vintage coloring is lovely!

Paula (PEP) said...

Well done with the vintage theme - love those scallops. The colour combination is brilliant too & the softness of your colouring fits so well.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Jane H said...

I really need to do more with the vintage look and figure it out your card is beautiful.

Patti Jo said...

Great colors and vintage style! Adorable card Paula!!!

Sheri said...

Love the vintage feel and the blue and brown combo is one of my favorites! Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

this is so pretty Paula! Love the soft touch of color with the brown... Brown is one of my favorite colors! lol Your Tilda is adorable!
Pam Going Postal

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Paula, your card has a very nice vintage look, I love combination of brown and blue. Tilda does look very relaxed... I did like my stop by your spa, and will come back to visit! Thanks for your nice comments as you stopped by my blog.
Hugs.
Danielle.

Regina said...

Paula!!! I also love the blue and brown combination!! I need to do some!!! I also love the vintage look. It makes your work so special.
Thanks for the tip on my card to join the 7 kids challenge!!:)) I did it!! :))))
Hugs

Regina

Peggie said...

Great colors for a vintage card. Pretty flowers an ribbon.