Site Meter

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Challenges Everywhere!!!

Do you find yourself going from Challenge Blog to Challenge blog gathering all the mojo that is displayed there? How could we EVER run out of steam when there are so many talented people in blogland sharing their creations!! Today I had time to make ONE card!! Oh, I could have made more, but you see - my best time to create is in the morning and this morning, rather than creating, I was doing laundry, cleaning the downstairs area - including my crafting area - so I didn't get to my card until late this afternoon and now I am going to be going out for dinner with my husband and friends.
But on to my card - I made this one for the Magnolia Down Under challenge #61 which was to follow a recipe - 3 patterned papers, 2 buttons, 1 ribbon and of course a Magnolia image (of course!!) So, I chose this cutie that was sent to me from another Magnolia stamper. Isn't she just adorable? The image was stamped on watercolor paper, but I just used my Prisma Color Pencils along with sansodor for blending. I used the beautiful 'Deck the Halls' DSP from Stampin' Up! that will be available for purchase starting tomorrow. I actually used three different pieces, just layered them on top of each other to create a 'perch' for my Tilda to 'sit' on. I had the sentiment stamped already from my project yesterday, so I just trimmed it up a bit and matted it on the Cherry Cobbler cardstock. I also had this bow that I had fiddled with yesterday and got so frustrated I started over - so this morning, I put my frustrations to rest and was able to tie this bow up nicely. The buttons were a bit of a challenge, as I wanted to use these buttons (they coordinate), but they are SO large. It took me awhile to decide on the layout of this card and where I was going to put those buttons - but I finealy glued it all down and am satisfied with the results.

Thanks for stopping by the paper spa today - I hope you have enjoyed our visit. Do come back soon as I have a whole list of blog challenges I am trying to get done this week.

~Paula~

1 comment:

Christina said...

A wonderfull card Paula! Looks lovely!
Hugs Kristel