Site Meter

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Another DT Call - Will I make it??

I heard about a Design Team call just recently and the call closes very soon. The call is for a spot on the Southern Girls Challenge Blog So, I am entering this wonderful Sugar Nellie Snowman that I got recently.
I colored this one with my Prisma Color pencils, of course!!! I just LOVE snowmen. My sweet husband and I go in search of snowmen in the stores during the holidays and always manage to get one or two more to add to our collection. When I saw this one amongst the Sugar Nellies, I knew I just had to have it. After stamping and coloring, I decided that I wanted to add snowflakes. So, I masked him off and used my Northern flurries die cut for the snowflakes, then used them to sponge over to get the snowflakes in the background behind my snowman. I added a few of the snowflakes to finish off and placed a rhinestone in the centers. Very simple card - but so ready for the holidays.
Today, I am working on gathering all the items for the Magnolia Calendars I am doing for a swap - alot of work - cutting, glueing, etc. The next time I do a calendar swap, I am going to pick MAY!! December has WAY too many letters - June is a little better - but still alot of cricut/die cuts to spell out the name of the month. When I get the pages done I will be sure to post here for you all to see.

Thanks for stopping by the spa - I hope your visit was a wonderful one.

~Paula~

2 comments:

Danielle Champagne said...

Very cute card! I love snowman too!
Good luck for your DT call...
Danielle.

Louise F NZ said...

Lovely card.... thanks for applying for our design team, you will hear back from us via email over the weekend.
Your blog is great and all your cards are fabulous.