Site Meter

Monday, June 27, 2011

Nothing better than coming home to a CRAFTROOM!!

I worked the early morning shift - and it was busy and went quite fast - and when I was done, I came home - took a shower and then headed upstairs to my Paper Spa. It is SUCH a relaxing place. I have my computer up here, so I looked at emails and then got busy with some skeetch challenges. This first one is for Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps challenge. This is sketch #75 and it is a great one for using up bits and pieces of scraps. I chose to use Sunny Garden DSP which has wonderful colors such as Daffodil Delight (I love daffodils!!), Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzazz, and Peach Parfait. The last three colors are the 2010-2012 In colors and they are still available for another year. I haven't played with them alot this past year - but this paper certainly encourages using them. It is such a bright and cheery package. I had a roll of the Pear Pizzazz seam binding which was perfect to add the bow and then I added the mulberry rose which nearly matched the Peach Parfait card base. The little peach color pearls gave this simple fun card the finishing touch.
My next card was another sketch challenge - this time using Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch challenge #209. I decided rather than using DSP, I would showcase a few of the NEW In-Colors that will be coming out July 1st. I started with a Whisper White card base and then added Cherry Cobbler as my matte. I then took Wisteria Wonder, Pink Pirouette, and Lucky Limeade and ran them through the Big Shot using a variety of texture plates (all of them will be retiring at the end of the month). I added these to the cherry cobler matte and then added the cherry cobbler seam binding ribbon before adhering to my base. My sentiment is cut from whisper white, mounted on cherry cobbler and then stamped with Wisteria Wonder. I added the butterfly from the Beautiful Wings Embosslits cut out of Coral Calypso. There is one other color that I have not shown yet - but tomorrow is another day - and I don't have to work, so that means I can spend the better part of the day in the paper spa. There is SO much to do and make - I have my tutorial coming up for my Design Team over at Top Tip Tuesday in a couple of weeks, so I have to get busy with that.

Do stop by tomorrow to see my samples for the challenge over at Top Tip Tuesday.

Until then - have a wonderful evening whever ever you are in the world.



~Paula~

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

Both cards are great!! Love that ribbon on the first card.

Donna Hanley said...

This is a very pretty card. Love the colors. Thank you for sharing

Julie said...

Great cards, Paula! I love the little rose accent on the first one. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Wonderful cards Paula! I'm so glad you got to hang out in your card spa today. I love that!!1

At Paula's Place said...

Your card is beautiful and the new colors are fab. You make great cards and I love your name.

Connie Babbert said...

What a fun bow to go along with the sketch! Great job! Thanks for playing!

Selene Kempton said...

oh so beautiful! I love that cobbler seam binding! It's really striking against the white. :D

Patti Chesky said...

Love the touches of Cherry Cobbler! It's wonderful!

Unknown said...

Love both cards but the one you did for Stamping 411 rocks!! Love that bow/ribbon!!

Linda said...

I love that you mixed florals with stripes. That ribbon is the perfect shade of green and than you added that sweet flower. TFS!!!

Paula (PEP) said...

Just catching up with your posts - love the Stamping 411 card - my favourite of these. Broke my Cuttlebug last week so saving for a Big Shot.
Paula (PEP)