Site Meter

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring is in the air!

I see it in the trees leafing out and the flowers blooming. Soon the seeds I planted in my garden will be popping through the soil. The birds sing to me every morning and it is lovely!! Today on Top Tip Tuesday my teammate has a fabulous tutorial - or rather a 'picture tour' of her crafting space and ideas for organizing all our crafting goodies. I love her 'theme' - but you will have to pop over there to see what I mean. But, before you go, I want to share with you my Spring Themed card. I have used the Saturday sketch #198 from Stamping 411 for my design. The challenge on the Stamping 411 site now is exclusive Stampin' Up! products - so I have chosen Whisper White as my base and then I used Melon Mambo stamped with one of the stamps from Baby Blossoms (#122000) I then took a piece of Daffodil Delight and edge cut with the Scallop Trim Border punch (#118402)I added a piece of white satin ribbon (#114616) and tied a bow with my magic bow maker using Daffodil Delight taffeta ribbon (#119766). My image is from a new stamp set that will be available beginning May 1. I used Daffodil Delight ink and then sponged with Melon Mambo for a mult-colored butterfly. I think butterflies just SCREAM spring. As I planted my garden last week, a HUGE Monarch (at least I think it was a Monarch) butterfly landed in my garden. It's wings were so large and I watched as it 'fed' on something it found in my soil. I didn't want to chance disturbing him in order to run to get my camera - so I lost THAT photo opportunity - but I am sure there will be other opportunities to photograph the wildlife that is abundant in my area. I hope that you have enjoyed your visit here to the spa today - I know that the spa has been slow lately due to my commitment at work and other things - however, I do appreciate your visits and your comments. do come back soon as I attempt to put my crafting back on my calendar of events. ~Paula~

9 comments:

Pink Dandelion said...

Ooh Paula this card is gorgeous. Love the bow with the button and the colours are fab. I love the Spring when everything is coming into bloom. The tree in my front garden is full of pink blossom and looks fab, its such a shame it doesn't last very long. I bet you can't wait to see what comes up in your new garden this first Spring. Take Care Debs xx

Unknown said...

Love this card and those colors!! That butterfly is gorgeous!!!

Kerin said...

WOW your butterfly is stunning! Love the colors you've chosen!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Great Combo with this set. Love it!

Patti Chesky said...

Love your multi-color butterfly! It's a beautiful card!

Selene Kempton said...

This is nothing short of inspiring! I love the multi colored butterfly and your gorgeous use of the this stamp set!

Connie Babbert said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors and details on your card!

gbarron56 said...

love that butterfly and your ribbon treatment is adorable! Great job! Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stampng 411! Blessings, Gretchen

Paula (PEP) said...

Finally I'm catching up - been chasing my tail & was trying to get a Stampin' Up challenge in time for a deadline - 7 mins to spare!! Anyhow love this - that butterfly is amazing & I love how you have coloured it. the bow is so pretty with that button & I have that punch on my list for the Stampin' Up Party in May. In the meantime I'm endeavouring to enter the new UK based Stampin' Up Challenge weekly & was utterfly delighted to land a Top 3 Blinkie this morning - youv'e really encouraged me no end with your Stampin' Up products so a huge thank you to you too. I do miss the chats we had at PCP but it does rather seem as if Facebook has taken over - there are some nasty Facebook scams about - they must be scams as they keep mentioning my Facebook Account - which I don't have!!!.
Much love
Paula (PEP)