Site Meter

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Scraps - What do YOU do with them? It's a Challenge!!

If you are like me, you have TONS of scraps from your card making, and scrapbooking. You can't throw that little piece away because you could use it SOMEDAY for a matte on a sentiment, or as an added element, right? So, the scraps accumulate, until you are OVERRUN with them - and you contemplate throwing them away, because you know there are MORE where they came from, right? Well, the 'frugal' in you just won't let you - and why should you?
Yesterday, I spent most of the day playing with my scraps - did I put a dent in my scrap stash? Not on your life - but I did come up with a few cards - This first one I really like. I found the green scrap with the edge cut with no-doubt those fiskars paper edgers - yes I have TONS of those scissors laying around and seldom use them - but this piece was cut sometime ago - who knows when and I found it coordinated well with this DP. Using some of my new flowers that I recently purchased and a flower brad that I have had for WHO KNOWS how long - well, it just finished off the card nicely.
Now, this next one is a rare one for me - I seldom do green cards! I honestly don't know why that is, I just don't reach for green when making cards. However, I had this scrap of DP and the green base just fit. Now one of the frustrating things I am finding is that my circle punches are great, but they don't layer as closely as I would like - however, I did discover that my smallest nestibilities scallop circle and this circle punch nested the way I like - I guess I will just have to finally use my cut-at-home certificate and buy the nestibilities circles. Anyway, back to the card - Here is another one that made use of the fiskars scissors - and then I added the buttons - stolen from another project that I discarded not long ago. The buttons started out white and I colored them with my alcohol inks - great way to make things the way YOU like!! I made only 4 cards yesterday - so hardly a dent in the stash - but today I finished up some cards from a Basic Grey kit that I have had for quite some time and then did this final card (work calls and I have to go relax in the REAL spa) I had bought some of those border CB folders some time ago and was trying them out - so I had this pink piece just waiting for something to be done with it. The Basic Grey DP is from the bittersweet line and it worked nicely for the added touch to this simple card. The rub-on sentiment is left over from the Basic Grey kit. Adding the ribbon, and the card is done.

Now off to the spa where I will give relaxing massage to a couple clients - however, I will return later today and will play some more with my scraps - Until then - my CHALLENGE to you is to get out your scraps and DO something with them - then leave me a comment and a link to your project.

Thanks for visiting the spa today - tell your friends to stop by for a visit and join in the challenge.

~Paula~

No comments: