Site Meter

Monday, April 12, 2010

More Scrap Play

Yesterday was sketch challenge on the OWH blog - however, I discovered that not only had I not done LAST weeks sketch, I hadn't done the week before either. So, this morning - after going and working out at the gym for an hour or so, I came home and got to work creating more cards. For sketch #10 we were to use tags on our card and though I have a small tag punch from Stampin' Up, I seldom use it. I have the book Tag Art by Paper Pizazz that has tags of all sorts in it - but the only problem is that they were in two's not three's! However, I did discover these three tags and decided I would make an AnyHero card using them. I grabbed a piece of Pacific Point for my card base and then found a couple scraps that I used for the tag frames and the backing behind the tags. I also used a piece of scrap vanilla cardstock for my sentiment. Just a word of caution - it is MUCH easier to stamp your sentiment, THEN punch it out! ~smile~

This next card was made using a piece of a card that I had gotten from a friend. I took that piece and mounted it on the light purple textured bg and then mounted that onto Eggplant Envy (this is a retired color from SU - in fact LONG retired) I chose a piece of vanilla cardstock and stamped snowflakes from the retired SU set 'Snowflake Spot'. While doing this, I discovered a couple snowflakes that I had previously cut out in the stamp box, so decided to use eyelets in the center and then popped them off the card.

Now, on to yesterday's sketch ~~~

Thanks for stopping by - I will have more posts in the days ahead.

~Paula~

No comments: