Site Meter

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I am still wondering . . .

Although it has been a few days since I have had any time in the paper spa - I have managed to make a few cards using the 'one sheet wonder' technique - Paper Spa style! :) I am still working with the same package of DSP, however, this time I am using the blues and I really like the print. Now, couple that with an AMAZING tutorial over on the Top Tip Tuesday challenge blog - and you end up with a beautiful (well, I think so anyway) anniversary card. The challenge this week is to make an anniversary, or wedding card. So, I started with this DSP - the larger piece is cut off a little and I can't find the other picture that I took, but I promised you all that I would remember to take a picture of the papers BEFORE I cut it all up, so there you go. So, far, I have made 5 cards from these pieces - along with Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, River Rock and Baja Breeze solid cardstock. I created this card for my DT submission. I used River Rock as my base, and layered the always artichoke on top of that finishing up with the layer of baja breeze. I then used my scallop trim border punch (118402) to punch the edges of the very vanilla cardstock, then I layered the DSP on top of this. I had some double stitched River Rock ribbon that I added on top of this. This ribbon was from a few years ago (2008) when River Rock was an In Color - now it is one of the colors in the neutral collection. The ribbon is no longer available though. Anyway, I used the retired set 'congrats' for my sentiment. This was the first time that I had used this sentiment set and it is a very cool set. The main word is Congratulations - and then you have 6 other stamps that you can choose from to complete the sentiment - from weddings, to babies. I stamped the sentiment in Not Quite Navy. I don't have that color of cardstock - YET - it will arrive here sometime on Thursday, while I am at work undoubtedly - however, I will be off on Friday and will have the whole day (at least I hope I do) to play with the new goodies that are coming on Thursday, I have ordered a new border punch, and I continue to order COLOR - I am ALMOST there, with all the colors that Stampin' Up! carries. I am not sure that I ordered any new stamp sets this time, but it will be fun to play with the new punch and some colors I have been out of for awhile. You will just have to stop by later in the week and see what else I have been able to get done in the spa.
I am also entering my card in the SU Only Challenge which is creating an anniversary card.
Thanks for stopping by the spa today to take a peek at ONE of my 'wonder' cards. Be sure to stop by tomorrow or Wednesday, as I am off on those two days and I intend on doing some card making.
~Paula~

8 comments:

Bettina L. said...

Wow I think this is just so cute:) Love it. Hugs Bettina

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the soft colour comination & the double matting - very effective, especially with that ribbon.
Paula (PEP)

Dawn said...

What a lovely card!
Good Luck in the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge!
Hugs
Dawn xx
(The Crafty Pad Designs DT)

Margaret said...

Very pretty card! The DSP is one of my favorites (I stocked up before it retired!) and the ribbon is the perfect touch to tie it all together.

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Paula, I've added to the post for you also! :0) hugs me x

Lisa Minckler said...

Paula, it's GORGEOUS!! I love that stamp set too. :)
OHH...just realized, it's Friday...that means stamping, creating and FUN for you!! WOO HOO! Can't wait to see what amazing creations you've done.
Hugs,
Lisa xx

Jen Timko said...

This is so beautiful! I love how the DSP adds so much and your ribbon is perfect! So glad you joined us at SUO Challenges this week.

Maggie's Crafts said...

Stunning creation!

Thank you for joining Top Tip Tuesday this week.:)

Maggie
x