Site Meter

Monday, November 22, 2010

Vintage Easel Card

Yesterday was Day 266 on the 365 Card Blog and the challenge was a Sketch to launch the start of the Vintage Week. My good friend Gloria gifted the members of the DT with her excess Graphic 45 DT stash. Now, I don't have any Graphic 45 papers, but I was able to find this vintage rose paper amongst my limited stash. I had some Core'dnations cardstock that worked nicely with the vintage rose - so I cut the nesties scallop circle out of the core'dnations and then sanded it to bring the blue color forward. I then glued this piece of one of the vintage rose papers on top of it. I decided to make the card an easel card and added the sentiment to the inside of the card. I know it is hard to see the sentiment from this picture.
I am looking forward to more of the challenges that will be posted each day this week on the blog. Each DT member will be added an element to use on a card that will be revealed on Saturday -so stick around here to see how I create the card, but come back each day to see what other challenges are going on.
As always, I appreciate your comments and you stopping by to ready my musings and see my creations.
~Paula~

8 comments:

Lorraine said...

oh wow this is stunning Paula its so elegant.I hope alls going well with the move and all take care thinking of you
hugs
Lorraine xx

Paula (PEP) said...

That sanded edge to reveal the blue is amazing - how did you match that colour with the rest - it looks seamless.
Paula (PEP)

Rose said...

beautiful take on the sketch :) love the use of the flowers for the flap.

TesaB said...

It's lovely! Pretty colors, and the vintage rose is a stunner. Great take on the sketch!

Gloria Stengel said...

This is beautiful, Paula. I am so happy you are able to play while you wait on the house to be ready! I'll email you soon! Hugs!

~ Sophia ~ said...

This is soo beautiful! Glad you joined us on this sketch.

~amy~ said...

such a pretty card...love the gorgeous blue houndstooth paper teamed up with the floral...

Pam said...

Beautiful - love the scallops!