Site Meter

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Paper Spa vs Day Spa

Why does it seem like there is more work in a day than play? I would love to spend more time in the PAPER SPA than I do - but since I do LOVE doing massage, I spend more time at the DAY SPA giving health related massages - and my paper spa suffers knots!
Well, anyway - on to my long anticipated post - you WERE anticipating, right? I got an email this morning that OWH is having a Virtual Card Making Party and since most of my cards go to OWH - though I haven't sent them cards in a VERY long time - I decided I would jump in on some of the challenges - well, at least one!! The first challenge was called HOT TROPICS - it was posted last night I believe. You can find the challenge here, but I will tell you a little bit of information to get your mind rolling while you finish reading my post and then head on over there. Use HOT PINK, green and yellow on your card. Any theme and sentiment is fine.
I was working on some cards for a 'class' I hope to do on Thursday night with some friends and while I had the stamps out, decided to change up the color scheme and make an identical card for the challenge. What you can't really see in the picture is that I punched the oval out of an additional image and popped it above the existing one. I also noticed that I forgot to add the pearls just below the ribbon - I will have to do that before I send in my card. Do you want to see the original card I was working on? The original card doesn't have a matte like the new one I created and the ribbon I used on the new one is not scalloped - it is a retired melon mambo dotted grosgrain and the new ribbon is a scallop edged - which I love. I have this ribbon in three colors now - Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobbler and this Old Olive. It also comes in Melon Mambo - but since I have this retired one, I will use that up first before I order more especially since I need other colors of ribbon - like Elegant Eggplant, Marina Mist, Pretty in Pink and Tangerine Tango - just to name a few of the colors this wonderful ribbon comes in. I love using ribbon on my cards, but never seem to have the right color to coordinate. Of course, by the time I finally get the colors I want, Stampin' Up! comes out with a new catalog and new ribbons and the ones I took forever to finally get, are now obsolete - good thing the colors still coordinate.
so, my friends and I will be making two cards and then a Valentine Coupon book - all of the items I learned how to do at the Regional Event I attended back - oh, some time ago!! There are SO many ideas out there and it always seems like I am one supply short of doing a project - so, even though I just received an order this week - I am ready to place another!! Sigh!
Now, head on over to the OWH Stars and Stamps site and see what other challenges they are putting out there.

~Paula~

3 comments:

Paula S. said...

Nice job with the Hot Tropics color challenge. This card looks nice in both color combos. I especially I the tone on tone background. Thanks for supporting OWH!

Paula S.
OWH Blog Team
operationwritehome.org

Margaret said...

Both are wonderful! The hot tropics one just screams summer!!
I had to laugh at the ribbon issue! I have the same problem and if it wasn't for ribbon swaps that our team does, I wouldn't ever have current ribbon to use!

Dixie Cochran said...

Both cards are pretty! Love that HOT pink!