It is SO nice to be able to play to my hearts content in my paper spa. This morning I have been making a good attempt to catch up on all the challenges over at 365 cards blog. I still have quite a few days to go - but with a change of jobs, I will have more time each day to create before I head off to work.
Today I decided to start with Day 1 and see how far I could go. So far this is what I have created:
This first one is just as it says - a sketch challenge. I decided to use a glittery paper as my frame for this one. Then picked out the green and used my CB to emboss it. I then chose to use this pretty celery color and didn't like the plain edges, so distressed it with vintage photo. I did the same with the purple circle. I had a green button and wasn't real crazy about the color, so used my alcohol inks to give it a nicer blend of colors.
My next card was a simple card - both in design and in the challenge. We were to use ONLY two embellishments - this is usually not a problem for me.
I had found this simple fairy stamp in the dollar bins at Michael's and couldn't resist buying it. I realize it is a FAIRY and not an ANGEL - but the sentiment works for me!! I used my watercolor pencils to subtly color the fairy. I used broken china to softly distress the edges of the sentiment and I used eggplant alcohol inks to color the clear crystal.
On Day 3 we were to use Three embellishments - specific ones - a button, a ribbon and a flower. So, I first chose my flower from my little can of primas. I then found a solid white button and using my alcohol inks - once again - I colored the button to coordinate with my color selection. I then decided that this brown ribbon would work perfect. I decided to use the celery color again and coordinated with this regal rose for a nice Spring card. I love the sentiment as it just fits so perfectly with this time of year.
Day 4 was inspired by this ad:
We were to create a card using THIS particular ad. When I first read the challenge I remember a stamper I had met when I liven in Washington that talked about a stamp club she belonged to and they had done something like this - only they had to choose an ad to design a card from. So, this one was a bit challenging for me.
I decided on the sentiment first and using the colors in the ad, mounted the sentiment on riding hood red and then on chocolate chip (both Stampin' Up colors)
Then I was at a loss as to what to do next. I kept looking at the ad, and decided to use my new CB flower die to cut these flowers from riding hood red and marigold morning (a past In Color from Stampin' Up). The flowers were too plain for my liking, so I ran them through my CB using a couple different folders to give them more dimension. Although it is not my favorite of the cards I have created this morning, I still like it.
I have a little time left before I have to go for my job orientation this afternoon, so I am going to see what other creations I can come up with. I hope you have enjoyed your visit to the 'spa' today.