Site Meter

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Coloring Magnolia's

It sure has been a VERY long time since I got out my Magnolia's and colored any of them, but after coloring my Sugar Nellie, I just had to get my Magnolia's out and give them fair time1 :) I also had to use more of the beautiful Tea Party DSP that I got awhile ago from Stampin' Up. I just LOVE this DSP and will be sad when it is all gone, but I suppose they might just bring it back in digital, and then I can have it forever. Anyway, to my card.Tilda has gone shopping, as you can see from her shopping bags. She is shopping for a special girl who has a birthday coming up soon. This card SO fits my middle daughter as she LOVES to shop! When she was younger, we would enjoy Tea Parties together (so the 'Tea Party' DSP so fits as well!) My card is a tent card - I had never made one of these before, however I found this wonderful tutorial here. This tutorial suggests using jump rings and I have some, and tried to use them, but didn't like the way it looked, so I took them out and there is a brad under the bow to hide the hole and to attach my Tilda to the frame. The DSP is pretty enough that there really is no need to add much more, but I decided to use the flowers because they DO add that extra touch. As always, I colored my Tilda with my prisma color pencils and used the pencils to blend rather than another medium. I really like coloring this way and think it looks more pure.

I used the following supplies to complete my card:
Tea Party DSP (retired) - Stampin' Up!
Prisma color Pencils: pc1018; pc927; pc1080 (skin tones)
pc932; pc1026; pc1092; pc928; pc929; pc1008 (clothes)
pc946; pc1084; pc941; pc945 (hair, purse and shoes)
pc949 (necklace), pc1096; pc912; pc1034; pc942 (shopping bags)
Flowers from Wild Orchid Craft
Pretty in Pink 3/8" taffeta ribbon (retired)
So Happy For You stamp set (Sale-a-bration)
Wisteria Wonder Cardstock and Ink
Diamond Stickles
Pearls (kaisercraft)

I am submitting my card for the following challenges:
Wild Orchid Challenges - challenge #27 a Tent Card
Just Magnolia - week 113 special monthly challenge - anything goes
Magnolia Stamp Lovers Challenge Blog summer flowers

Come back and see me soon - there is alot going on in the spa these days!
~Paula~

7 comments:

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous I love the image and your colours are fab, thanks for joining us at JM/HS this week, hugs pops x

Pink Dandelion said...

Fab card Paula, I have a bit of this paper left too, love it. Congrats on your win. Love Debs xx

Fuzzy Slippers said...

This is darling Paula!

Paula said...

These colours are just brilliant & your little floral spray echoes the patterned paper beautifully. Love the touches of green & yellow on the shpping bags too - super way of picking out the colour of the paper.
Paula (PEP)

Rhonda Miller said...

What a pretty card.

Vivi Casale said...

again..another gorgeous card!! love the colors and your coloring!!
xxx

Stampin Mindy said...

I love the soft colors. Such a cute card.

Thanks so much for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts Tent Card Challnege.

Hugs, Mindy